In a discussion on Twitter yesterday, a friend and I were cheerfully looking forward to the books we’ve pre-ordered and are expecting to have over the next month, and we decided to compare lists. And how better to share lists than through a terrifying blog post listing them?
Mine isn’t quite as bad as I imagined. Mostly, I suspect, because so many of my pre-ordered books were/are June releases. Heh.
- A Study in Sable – Mercedes Lackey (June 2nd)
- League of Dragons – Naomi Novik (June 14th)
- Rise – Mira Grant (June 21st)
- Poison or Protect – Gail Carriger (June 21st)
- Imprudence – Gail Carriger (July 19th)
- Ghost Talkers – Mary Robinette Kowal (August 16th)
- The Obelisk Gate – N. K. Jemesin (August 16th)
- Feedback – Mira Grant (October 4th)
- Crosstalk – Connie Willis (October 4th)
And now that it’s all listed…huh, I don’t have any November or December preorders. That’s most unusual! Usually there’s at least a couple, because some authors are lovely and release books right around my birthday.
I’m the lack won’t last 🙂
So, which releases are you looking forward to this year?